Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another Month, Another Make-over

As you may have noticed by now, my blog has received yet another make-over. Needless to say I've lost direction a little bit if you look at the date of the last update. At first, it was mostly work. However, since then my modeling focus has also shifted back to WWII, and in a big way! Don't fret though; I'm still doing gunpla.

But what kind of WWII modeling do I do exactly you ask? Mostly 15mm miniatures for the popular game, Flames of War. In fact, mostly germans as well! Yes, I'm addicted to Panzers, Camouflage Patterns, Stukas, and other things all of German variety!  Here is sample of some of my work:
In total, I have probably about a battalion of infantry and a battalion of tanks as well as various support elements that I've modeled over the past few years. I model at other other scales as well (currently looking to do a 1:35 or so sized Panther tank; any suggestions on brand?), but this is by far my largest endeavor in the matter.

Oh, I should also mention I played around with candy as modeling material. Here is my best attempt at making a Tiger tank out of Rice Crispies, Fruit Roll-ups, Peeps, and a Lollipop in a piece of work I've dubbed "The Peeping Tiger":

From Miniatures

Yeah, it was a rather interesting luncheon with my in-laws. They were making Peepshi (sushi candy), and I suddenly received the inspiration to make a Tiger tank out  of the materials. It's still sitting on my dining table in fact (some 3 days later). I figure once mold starts growing on it I can call it rust and thereafter "restore it" with some sandblasting.

Now, these miniatures aren't just for looking good; they are also for gaming! I currently have an ongoing project to make a board of terrain for the local big event, Shifting Sands. Being Italian themed this year, I must model Hangman's Hill (300m south of Monte Cassino), Nationale Route 6, and the Hitler Line. So far I've bought some research books on the subject, as well as a large board of wood and lots of MDF foam. More pictures to come later, perhaps of an airbrushed Zaku this weekend weather permitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment