Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm On a Roll, Kind Of

Today saw the airbrushing of my Zaku II Kai completed:

From Panzers, Zakus, and Models Oh My!

From Panzers, Zakus, and Models Oh My!
Yum, Stahlhelm

From Panzers, Zakus, and Models Oh My!
Thank God For Liquid Mask

From Panzers, Zakus, and Models Oh My!
A Little Touch Up Needed

I'm most happy with how the color tones come out. Other than a few blemishes, mainly on the body due to insufficiently thick layers of liquid mask, the entire project is ready for highlighting, decals, weathering, and sealing. And here I thought I was almost done. At any rate, to the extent of applying and mixing some washes to the model I visited Micheal's today and picked up a round tipped brush that would hold much wash. However, I also got distracted by a five-dollar balsa wood model:

From Panzers, Zakus, and Models Oh My!

I thought it would be a fun and frivolous little project to complete with a friend (who had accompanied me, and picked up a similar model). Boy was I wrong, the cryptic instructions and amount of pieces saw to it that the model took me no less than four hours. I guess I have something to show for it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment