Friday, April 9, 2010

I Actually Got Some Work Done!

This week was crazy at school and I most certainly felt I earned my weekend. Even though I still have more work to do, I thought I would reward myself by sticking and priming the various parts of my Zaku, and here it is:

From Panzers, Zakus, and Models Oh My!

The priming was conducted in a moderate phoenix dusk. In all honesty I'm very surprised by how well the test pieces were turning out; I expected priming to be impossible this afternoon. Due to waning sunlight, more than a few pieces had some blemishes not due to excessive priming, but due to lingering dust from the adhesive residue of my blu-tac. I don't expect it to present any real problem though, the small hairs and spots come off with a light brush.

Actually my biggest concern is how I will deal with some of the moving joints and parts that did not receive full coverage (as they were concealed by other parts) or if they will chip later. But hey I guess that's what this project is for; to determine proper procedures for future models.

Also, I happened to come across this at a local hobby store and just couldn't resist:

From Panzers, Zakus, and Models Oh My!

From Panzers, Zakus, and Models Oh My!

Initial inspect reveals it's a pretty slick model. All of the details and dimensions seem to be fairly accurate. However, I like to overdo things to the point where I will barely finish them so to that extent I've ordered Osprey's Modeling the Panther book, which is chock full of fantastic modeling ideas for the 1/35 Panther. About 85 pages I believe, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment