Monday, February 22, 2010

A Quick Update

Unfortunately nothing more is done; the weather this weekend wasn't very favorable. For the first time in months, Pheonix was barraged with a sporadic, but heavy, rain for the entire weekend. It didn't make much of a difference as I was heavily involved in a 1v1 Tournament we had going on over at GameReplays.org. Being an editor in the Company of Heroes section, I had plenty to do.

However I did see the special screening of Gundam Unicorn. With such a name, I was skeptical at first. However, after vicious mobile suit fights in colonies, causing massive civilian casualties and rampant destruction, I was thoroughly convinced that maybe this series isn't going to be a moeblob weeaboo failboat. One thing is for sure: the NZ-666 Kshatriya (or Quin Mantha V2) is extremely sexy.


I want a kit. And now. It seems there's only an HGUC kit in stores at the moment, but I'm much more interested in a MG kit. Does anybody know if there's plans to make one? At 60 USD it's probably a very impressive HGUC kit though, along the lines of the latest HGUC Sazabi.

At any rate, this Zaku definitely still has my immediate attention, and will hopefully help me refine my technique for future projects.

4 comments:

  1. well the HG is as big as some MGs and even bigger than few. From what i seen and heard (i don't have Kshatriya... yet ;) ) it's realy impresive and worth the price.

    I don't think we will se an MG - maybe if it proves to be very popular, because it's quite big and can't use any of the existing frames so it will be quite 'spensive

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Aulon
    I've seen a few resin kits from other produces floating around, but none for sale. Anyways, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No word on a MG kit yet and I heard that the next MG is Wing Gundam (not version KA). But with Unicorn slowly being released in Japan and the anticipation ramping up, I wouldn't count it out just yet.

    I too suffered from the rain this weekend. My 1/1000 Cherudim Gundam desperately needs to be primed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The HG Kshatriya is definitely pretty big, if it comes out as MG it will probably stand as tall as a MG. So that probably won't happen. =(

    I am going to work on the Kshatriya pretty soon, after I am done with my current kit.

    ReplyDelete