Monday, February 15, 2010

A New Model, A New Blog

My online tag is eviltediz43. I live in Pheonix, Arizona where Gundam fans are few and far in between, but I am most certainly one of then. Since before I even hit the double digits in terms of age I have been modelling. For the most part I make 15mm models for the table-top game Flames of War. In fact almost exclusively until recently.

Inspired by Gaijin Gunpla's simply superb yellow sinaju I have expanded my modelling horizons to gunpla kits as well. To that extent, I have set up this blog, "Mobile Suits of Zeon". It is named so blandly partly because of my lack of creativity and that I know I will be making almost 100% Zeon kits. By documenting my modelling process as well as the end result I hope to provide myself with a detailed log to look back at, and hopefully some entertainment and even a few tips for you, the readers. 

For my first kit, I've decided to build a Zaku II "Kai" as seen in Gundam 0080. Something about the futuristic styling of it simply appeals to me. So without further adieu my first kit: 


As you can see, I've already made a lot of progress:


For a 2000ish kit, it is very solid. All of the joints are very robust and flexible. The hands in particular are well made; the model doesn't suffer from "limp wrist". However, there are only three hands for the model, each of which is not ambidextrous.

That's all for now though, I'll talk about the progress I've made so far in future post.

3 comments:

  1. I am more than honored to be mentioned in other modeller's blogs and am rather awestruck that something I created can inspire others. Iwill be watching closely. Can't go wrong with Zeon suits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good sir! There is a bit of gunpla to be had in Phoenix, Arizona. I thought I was the only gundam modeler in town. Turns out we're not alone. Shoot me an e-mail sometime and I'll tell you where I've found gundam stuff.

    Zeik Zeon,

    Jonathan
    (jmac.web@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gaijin
    Good to hear. :)

    @Jmac
    Oh really? I must investigate this.

    ReplyDelete